BJ's DST employees follow safety guidelines set by the company. Although these standards are important, using “common sense” and your head to “think before you act”, will help keep you out of unsafe situations. Because drill stem testers are around different personnel all the time, testers will always “watch out for the other guy”. Testers work with the rig crews to get the job done safely. Routinely, safety meetings are held before picking up or laying down test tools, rigging up surface equipment or loading the test truck. Since the tester sees tests much more often than the rig crew, he can let the crew know what to expect while testing on bottom or tripping the tool in or out of the hole.
Being a service company, BJ's DST employees are at different locations and working for different operators and contractors all of the time. The operators and contractors also have safety policy guidelines, the employees at BJ's DST follow all safety rules set down by the contractor and operator of the well. Oil field locations can be dangerous, but by following the safety rules and using common sense, the employees at BJ's DST will work to keep them a safe place to work. An injury to any personnel or the loss of life is to great a price to pay to get the job done. By taking a few extra minutes to do the job safely, the pain or injury of a lifetime can be avoided. BJ's DST is proud to have worked as a safe company and plans to continue working in a safe manner.
Safety Policy Outline
A) Employees are required to know BJ's Drill Stem Testing, Inc. Safety Policies and expected to practice them.
B) Employees are required to the follow the Safety Policies of the Operator and Contractor of the location at which the employee is working.
C) Safety Equipment is issued to employees and employees are given instructions on the proper usage of equipment.
1) Hard Hat: Non Conductive hard hats will be worn at the job site or when the potential for head injury exists.
2) Foot Protection: Boots with steel toes, slip resistant and non-sparking soles will be worn at all times at the shop or the job site.
3) Eye Protection: Protective eyewear will be worn at all times at the shop or the job site.
4) Hearing Protection: Hearing Protective devices will be worn when noise levels are above 85 DBA.
5) Hand Protection: Gloves or other suitable hand protection will be worn when working in the shop or at the job site.
6) Protective Clothing: No loose or ragged clothing that might get caught in machinery, Fire Retardant Clothing when required on job site, Chemical Resistant Clothing will be worn when handling substances which could cause injury.
7) Respiratory Protection: Respiratory protection equipment will be utilized whenever work activities involve exposure to atmospheres that are oxygen deficient or contain air contaminants that might be harmful to health, i.e. H2S gas, ammonia an others.
D) Employees are informed of any policy changes.
E) All employees are instructed yearly on H2S Safety.
F) Employees are required to know CPR and Basic First Aid.
Copyright © 2006
BJ's Drill Stem Testing